The Ferocious Brigade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ferocious Brigade

The guild of The Ferocious Brigade

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Burpie, Holy Priest

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Burpie
User
Burpie

Burpie, Holy Priest Empty
PostSubject: Burpie, Holy Priest   Burpie, Holy Priest Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 7:18 am

(I know this comes a bit too late, but better now then never, I suppose.)

IRL:
Name: Marta

WOW:
Name: Burpie
Race: Troll
Class: Priest
Level: 70
Talents: Holy (Circle of Healing) spec, 20/41/0
Previous guilds: Blood Pact (some random newbie guild), Alus Ordenis (latvian-only guild)

Playtime (/played): Over 50 days. Yes, I know it's way too much if you consider that my gear or experience doesn't really match that playtime quite well. Though, mind you, this is my first character (means I did lots of unnecesary things or sometimes just idled around, waiting for random instance groups to gather, etc.) and I mostly leveled as holy, which is neither efficient or fast.

Play days (in the week): Basically I'm online every weekday after work, and almost full time on weekends. However, due to having lots of work right now, I sometimes come home quite late, so I might not be able to attend all the raids/instance-runs. If some unexpected work pops up and I'm signed for a raid, and see that I will not make it home on time, I'll notify Cloudjumper via PM on forums. (Note: Sometimes I might need to farm some money (cloth/motes/etc), too, so I _might_ not participate in some things. I will tell that beforehands, of course.)

Experience: Now this part looks quite sad. I guess I have to mention what I've done before joining The Ferocious Brigade? From the notable things, I've done non-full Karazhan run (up til Aran) with Exodus guild and 2 heroic instances. Also, Zul'Gurub, Ahn'Qiraj Ruins and part of Molten Core (again with Exodus), but I guess that's not very serious. And that's all.

Why did you leave your previous guild/-s?: That should be easy to guess, I suppose. Lack of activity raid-wise (heck, we even weren't able to get party for 5man instance runs, sometimes). There was talk about going to Karazhan, lasting for months, but no progress (apart from some people getting attuned). Since I do want to progress somewhere in this game (and considering that I've played for quite a while now), I had to leave that guild. Felt kinda guilty about it, to be honest. Most of them were nice guys, tho some of the active ones seemed like PVP-only persons, so I didn't see this progressing anywhere.

Can you take criticism?: Yes, if only it's reasonable and, even more, offers suggestions on how to improve. I won't listen to things like "U nab preist sux, haelz bettar lulz!!!1one".

Are you willing to change your spec if the guild needs it?: Depends. I like my current build (CoH) alot, although I haven't had a chance to use CoH on raids yet, but I do use it in 5man instances. I can, of course, switch few points here and there (for example, I will switch points to get Spirit of Redemption. Extra spirit and I'm-Dead-But-I-Still-Heal-form is awesome!). I wouldn't spec as Shadow (or full Discipline), though - and there's no real sense for it, either, since my only damage gear is from random Outlands quests.

What are your goals in WOW? Why do you play WOW?: Goal would be to experience the end-game raiding, and, of course, all other raids that leads to it. As for why I play WOW - there are various reasons. I like instance runs and raids, i like seeing how tactics are being discussed and pulled off, how they work in the end and results in a smooth boss-fight. I like seeing people teamwork. All of this gives the sense of accomplishment, somehow. The other reason why I play, is that WOW is like a stress-reliever to me, especially after a hard day at work. That means, though, that I might be hestitant doing things that are stressful or unpleasent for me, like, PVP (Sadly, this particular aspect of the game gives me close to no enjoyment at all. That's why I rarely go to BGs - basically only to get parts of my gear - and never participate in Arena, either). I hope this isn't much of a problem for a guild, as there seem to be plenty of priests, who would PVP.

Gear link: Armory profile

Any last comments about how imba you are: I'm not. I'll rather sum up things in a short conclusion (pluses/minuses):
+ My +heal and mana regen is more or less decent for the content guild is currently doing.
- My stamina is too low for now, that might be a problem for raid fights with AOE.
+ I have good enough Internet connection, very rarely experience lagspikes/disconnects.
- I'm not into PVP, be it a BGs / Arena / WorldPVP.
+ I listen to tactics on boss fights and try my best to do as said. Mostly I try to read up first, what I'm going to encounter and be more or less prepared. Wipes and unsucessful first tries at boss fights doesn't scare me, I won't leave raid because of that. Everything takes practice and some things might even depend on a sheer luck.
- I'm not a roleplayer.
+ I don't have angry parents/grandparents/uncle/dog, who will turn off my internet connection and tell me go to sleep. Means, I can plan my non-work time as I wish - as long as it's more or less reasonable, though, atleast on workdays. Other than my job, I don't have any other things that might affect my playtime.
- I'm not up for making a huge changes in my current talent build (eg., I won't respec to Shadow).
- My lack of experience in both raids and heroics.

// Yes, as you probably did noticed, I didn't add the RP story. As I already mentioned it, I'm not a roleplayer myself - and I have rather crappy fantasy, too. I believe that RP cannot be forced, it has to be natural - as in, you either do it from your own free will (since RP is more like hobby, not a duty) or you don't do it at all.

If anything of the above conflicts with guild / guildleader and member beliefs, please let me know, so we can discuss, whether I'm fit for this guild or not.
Thanks for reading.
Back to top Go down
Cloudjumper
Admin
Cloudjumper

Burpie, Holy Priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burpie, Holy Priest   Burpie, Holy Priest Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 2:36 am

accepted =), your really doing great, however, i just got somthing bout this rp story =PP the reason its there is cus i wanna see that ppl can improvise and be creative.

in order to advance to the rank "adept", there must be a rp story.. i have many other various reasons as well, and im sure youll see my point when we talk bout it ingame=)
Back to top Go down
http://theferociousbrigade.heavenforum.com

Burpie, Holy Priest
Page 1 of 1